Friday, August 26, 2016

So this happened

No, I'm not getting all "fan-girl" -- but I was lamenting the fact that there won't be a new season of Outlander until after the New Year (plus, I read ALL 8 books in a little over a month), and I have NO clue when book 9 is being released. Diana Gabaldon doesn't even know yet. So, I tweeted about it. Then a few days ago, one of the actors who played in a few episodes of Season 2 requested to follow me -- of course, I accepted. (The only reason why I don't allow just anyone to follow me is because in the past, I have gotten some pretty filthy direct messages from people, and so I put the extra security on my Twitter account so I can check people out before I approve them.) ANYWAY -- the follow request was from Scott Kyle, who played Ross in a few episodes during the latter half of season 2 of the show. Now I didn't expect to ever have a conversation with him, but earlier today he posted the sweetest photos of a kitty who was "visiting", so just for fun, I replied to his tweet with a photo of my cat, Travis. Turns out, Scott Kyle liked my photo. LOL -- I thought that was pretty cool! (Now, I ADORE my cat....it's almost irrational how much I love that animal. He's my boy. And he's VERY attached to me....even his Veterinarian took note of how bonded he is to me. So when someone likes his photo or says something nice about him, they've made my day.) So today, Scott Kyle made my day. Which got me to thinking: I absolutely LOVE connecting with people on Twitter and Facebook (Instagram too) because at the end of the day, we are all made of the same stuff (flesh and bone), and we are all going through the human experience. I realize that the majority of people I follow who are "celebrities" in some way or another may never reach out to me on a personal level, but it's really neat when it DOES happen. This little story today is just one example of a random encounter that kind of made my day. We're all human. We're all flawed. We all want to be loved for who we are, and accepted. We all need friends. For any random individual who happens to see this story -- if you need a friend, I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment